Forget all the pumpkin soup recipes you know, because after this recipe you will experience a taste explosion of the utmost kind.🧡 Today I am going to share with you the most creamy, delicious and healthy pumpkin soup recipe with coconut milk. My friends were in looove with the taste and I’m sure you will love it, too. My recipe turned out to be a highlight lately.🤓
Ingredients (6 servings):
• 800 gr pumpkin or butternut squash
• 2 carrots
• 1 potato
• 600 ml vegetable broth (or plain water)
• 400 ml coconut milk (or any other milk you prefer)
• 1⁄2 tsp ginger powder
• 1⁄2 tsp curry powder
• 1⁄2 tsp pepper
• salt, nutmeg
• Peel the potatoes, carrots and pumpkin and dice them.
• Heat up the vegetable broth and boil the pumpkin, carrot and potato cubes for 20 minutes until they get soft. By the way, I boil the vegetables in vegetable broth, not in normal water. It tastes much better. You can prepare the vegetable broth yourself at home or buy it as powder and mix it with boiling water. But you can use normal water, too, instead of vegetable broth.
• Carefully puree the soup with a hand blender until smooth and creamy.
• Add coconut milk and spices and mix. If the consistency is too thick for you, you can add hot water until you reach the desired consistency. I don’t add extra water because I like this soup thick and creamy. 🥰
• Stir the soup and bring to boil for 2-3 more minutes, then remove from the heat.
If you want to meal prep, I recommend this method to prevent it from spoiling: For canning, put your soup in a canning jar while it is at boiling temperature, close the lid immediately, turn the jar upside down and let it cool to room temperature. Then put it in the fridge to chill. This way, you can store your soups for up to 6 months as long as the lid isn’t loosened.
Nutrition Facts (per serving):
85 calories | 1,1 g fat | 19,3 g carbs | 2,6 g protein
I love soups with a creamy thick consistency. This one is hearty and tastes amaaaazing! The perfect dish on cold winter days when it snows. I hope you like it as much as I do!🙈